QUIVER is a unique training programme for teachers. It is designed to enable teachers to meet the diverse needs of students. It presents a teacher an opportunity to become expressive and impressive coach/facilitator. It focuses on School and Classroom Language of teachers equipping them with excellent oral and written communication skills enhancing their overall effectiveness. Quiver stands on two pillars- Verbal and Non-Verbal. Verbal is based on common verbal expressions for teachers in English for different occasions and places in school. Non verbal focuses on greater side of communication i.e. non-verbal communication consisting of a range of features often used together to aid expression.
Quiver has two pillars- Verbal and Non-Verbal
The words you choose to say something are just as important as the decision to speak.
‘Verbal’ is ‘Comprehensive Verbal Communication Skills Development Program’ for teachers. Even the most experienced teachers may find it a little difficult to choose the right words and expressions at occasions. English not being mother tongue of most needs extra care, practice and help. Common expressions in the following areas are included in ‘Verbal’-
- Begin at School – Greetings and Wishes, Introduction, Assembly, Classroom, Attendance and Spontaneous Situations
- Classroom – Initiation, Instructions & Seeking Information, Talking about Classroom Material
- In the Class - Understanding, Information, Interrogation, Homework status, Ideas, Agreement & Disagreement, Movement, Interruption, Suggestions, Error Correction, Persuading, Convincing, Strengthening, Arguments, End of the Lesson, Capitulation and Support
- Praise & Correction
- In the Playground – General and Actions, Drill Commands
- In the Labs – Computer Lab, Science Lab, Mathematics Lab, Language Lab
- General Expressions – Library, Staffroom, Principal’s Office, Art-room, Activity Room, Music & Dance Room, Wash Rooms, Corridors and Staircases, Recess Time
- Comments and Remarks – Notebooks, Report Cards, School Diary etc.
Verbal equips teachers for the noble profession with unmatched excellence.
We all are born masters of a universal language
we speak everything loud knowingly or unknowingly in.
Non-verbal focuses on the greater part of communication i.e. non-verbal communication. Non-verbal communication is a system consisting of a range of features often used together to aid expression. The combination of these features is a subconscious choice made by speakers. The main components of the system are-
- Understanding - Culture, Values and Non-Verbal Behaviour
- Kinesics - Body Motions, Body Posture, Stance, Facial Expressions, Gestures and Touch
- Proxemics - Use of Space
- Vocalics - Tone of Voice, Timbre, Volume, Speed, Silence, Modulation, Objective
- Oculesics - Eye Movements & Eye Contact
- Chronemics - Use of Time, Waiting, Pausing, Objective
- Adornment - Clothing, Jewellery, Hairstyle, Overall Appearance
- Locomotion - Walking, Running, Staggering, Limping
Specific issues may be addressed on demand and programs can be structured accordingly. Please feel free to discuss about with the resource person in detail.
QUIVER provides teachers with a practical road map for enhancing their teaching skills and increasing students` morale and efficacy. Teaching guided at all times by the highest principles of integrity and devotion to the welfare of the students can succeed in creating institutions which are humane, affluent and civilized.